I know that going out to eat has been far and few between due to the economy but, Popeye's has a great weekly deal that makes it affordable to eat out. On Tuesdays, you can get a thigh and a leg for just $0.99 cents!! I am always on the lookout for ways to feed my family of six for under or around $10. We buy our chicken from Popeye's and make our sides at home. Here's how this one breaks down...
(6) 2 pieces @ $0.99 = $6.00 (12 pieces of chicken, 2 per person)
(1) Can of Pilsbury biscuits (10 biscuits) = $1.25 (reg. price, better if bought with a coupon)
(2) Cans of corn (found on sale at $0.33 ea.) = $0.66
(1) Box of Instant mashed potatoes (on sale) = $1
(1) Packet of McCormick Brown Gravy = $0.55 (reg. price)
Total = $9.46
That's less than $2 per person!!